Preparing for Childbirth
Next series begins in November!
3 weeks of classes for couples
7-9pm in Franklin, TN
Join Lauren and Matt for an interactive course to prepare physically and emotionally for a joy-filled birth experience!
In this class you will:
- Gain confidence in your body's ability to give birth and reduce anxieties surrounding the unknowns in childbirth
- Learn about the range of "normal" physiological birth
- Understand the different stages and phases of birth
- Learn and practice pain relief options (including massage, relaxation, movement, and breathing techniques)
- Discuss pharmaceutical pain relief options
- Discuss interventions (such as pitocin, epidural, forceps, artificial rupture of membranes, vacuum extraction, caesarean birth)
- Learn how to best support your partner during labor
- Discuss the benefits of breastfeeding for both mother and baby, production of milk, proper latch, and breastfeeding positions